Business Talent Visa 132 Permanent
Significant Business History stream
- 75% of applications: 31 months
- 90% of applications: 32 months
With this visa, you can
- establish a new or develop an existing business in Australia
- stay in Australia permanently
- bring family members with you
- have assets of AUD1.5 million and business turnover of AUD3 million
- be nominated by an Australian state or territory government
- be invited to apply for the visa
With this visa, you can
- stay in Australia permanently
- work and study in Australia
- enrol in Australia’s public health care scheme, Medicare
- sponsor certain relatives to come to Australia
- travel to and from Australia for 5 years
- if eligible apply for Australian citizenship
Newly arrived residents may have to wait before they can access certain Australian Government payments and benefits.
How long you can stay
This is a permanent visa. It lets you stay in Australia indefinitely.
You become a permanent resident on the day we grant the visa.
For citizenship purposes, your permanent residency starts on the day:
- we grant the visa if you are in Australia, or
- you enter Australia on this visa if you are outside Australia
You can include members of the family unit in your application when you apply and at any time before we decide on your application.
Family members who apply for the visa must meet our health and character requirements.
Family members who are not coming to Australia might also have to meet our health and character requirements.
The visa costs AUD7,855 for the main applicant.
There is also a charge for each family member who applies for the visa with you.
- additional applicant over 18 years old: AUD3,930
- additional applicant under 18 years old: AUD1,960
You might have to pay an extra charge for any applicant 18 years old or older who has less than functional English. This charge is called the second instalment. Pay it only when we ask you to. We will ask for the fee only if we are going to grant the visa. The second instalment charges are:
- main applicant: AUD9,795
- family members: AUD4,890
You might also have to pay other costs for health checks, police certificates and biometrics.
Use the Visa pricing estimator to work out what your visa will cost. The estimator does not take into account the other costs.
You can be in or outside Australia when you apply for the visa and when we decide on your application, but not in immigration clearance.
We assess applications on a case-by-case basis, and actual processing times can vary due to individual circumstances including:
- whether you have lodged a complete application, including all necessary supporting documents
- how quickly you respond to any requests for additional information
- how long it takes to perform required checks on the supporting information provided
- how long it takes to receive additional information from external agencies, particularly in relation to health, character, and national security requirements
- how many places are available in the migration program
We can’t process your application if you do not pay the correct visa application charge. We will notify you if this is the case and if necessary return your application.
You and your family members must obey all Australian laws.
You must fulfil your business obligations.
From the date we grant this visa, you can travel to and from Australia for up to 5 years.
After that period, you will need a Resident Return visa (RRV) visa to re-enter Australia as a permanent resident.
If you leave Australia after the expiry date of your travel facility, without being granted another permanent visa with a valid travel facility, for example a Resident Return visa (RRV), you will not be able to return to Australia until you have been granted another visa.
To see when your travel condition ends, use VEVO.
We will digitally link your visa to your passport. You will not get a label in your passport.
You must be nominated by an Australian state or territory government agency before being invited to apply for this visa.
The state or territory government agency that nominates you must not withdraw their nomination after you apply, or we will be unable to grant you a visa.
If you are nominated for the visa, we will invite you to apply. All state and territory government agencies have their own criteria for deciding who they will nominate.
Contact the state or territory agency directly to find out more about their nomination process and what they want from you.
- New South Wales
- Northern Territory
- South Australia
- Western Australia
Have business acumen and ambition
You must be able to demonstrate:
- an overall successful business career
- a genuine desire to own and manage a business in Australia
You or your partner must not have had any involvement in business activities that are of a nature that is not generally acceptable in Australia.
Own a substantial part of the business
For at least 2 of the 4 fiscal years before you were invited to apply, you, your partner, or you and your partner combined, must have had an ownership interest in one or more qualifying businesses in which your net value was at least AUD400,000. If the qualifying business is a publicly listed company, your shareholding must have been at least 10 percent of the total issued capital.
Have total net assets worth AUD1.5 million or more
The business and personal assets of you, your partner, or you and your partner combined, must be at least AUD1.5 million:
- lawfully acquired
- available for transfer to Australia within 2 years after the visa is granted
Have annual turnover of AUD3 million or more
Your total annual turnover must be at least AUD3 million:
- from at least 1 business and no more than 2 businesses
- for at least 2 of the 4 fiscal years immediately before you were invited to apply for this visa
Your ownership interest must be either:
- 51% or more of a business with turnover of less than AUD400,000 per year
- 30% or more of a business with turnover of more than AUD400,000 per year, or
- 10% or more of a publicly listed company
Have total net assets worth AUD400,000 or more
The total net assets of you, your partner, or you and your partner combined, must be at least AUD400,000 from the ownership interest in one or more qualifying businesses, gained over at least 2 of the 4 fiscal years immediately before you were invited to apply for this visa.
Have functional English language
All applicants aged 18 or over at the time of application must either have at least functional English.
If you can’t show us that you or any dependant applicant 18 years or older has functional English, you can pay the second instalment of the visa application charge. You do not need to pay this fee until we ask you to do so.
Be this age
You must be younger than 55 years of age, although a state or territory can waive this requirement if your proposed business will be of exceptional economic benefit to the region where it will operate.
Meet our health requirement
You and any family members who apply for the visa with you must meet our health requirement.
If you apply for this visa from outside Australia, family members who are not coming to Australia might also have to meet our health requirement.
Meet our character requirement
You and family members aged 16 years and over who apply for the visa with you must meet our character requirement.
Family members who have not applied for this visa must also meet the character requirement.
Sign the Australian values statement
If you are 18 years of age or older, you must:
- have read, or had explained to you, the Life in Australia and
- sign an Australian Values Statement that confirms you will respect the Australian way of life obey Australian laws
Have paid back your debt to the Australian government
If you or any family members (including those who do not apply for the visa with you) owe the Australian Government money, you or they must have paid it back or arranged to pay it back.
Not have had a visa cancelled or a previous application refused
You might not be eligible for this visa if you have had a visa cancelled or refused while you were in Australia.
We Will Help You Renew Your Student Visa On Time!
Here at Settlers Migration our team of migration agents can provide you with the appropriate guidance and advice so you can put forth the best application possible for any Visa you are going for.